The local Meridian church was founded in 1923 by Elder A.H. Stith, after he had been holding Bible studies in his home. The congregation met in a local school until a church was built in 1929.
The church continued to grow throughout the years and plans for a new church were started in the 1960s. In 1968 the work began in our existing church, which was first used for the Lord’s Supper Service in the spring of 1970.
During the 1990s, we also celebrated the 75th anniversary of the church and it continues to thrive with faith in God and our love for one another.